Monday, January 18, 2010

Unbelievable.

I told my Grade 3s today that I would be leaving in a little more than a week to go and get sweet Jacob....those sweeties applauded (I hope it was for him and not because I'm leaving...;)!! They gave me a list of all of the things I should buy/bring for him (after seeing pics...Goldfish crackers were a must!). This class has been absolutely amazing through this experience-asking questions, and really wanting to learn more about the whole process. They definately highlight why I teach kiddies and don't work with crazy adults!!

Later in the day we began talking about the situation in Haiti...our school is putting on a fundraiser, so I wanted to give the guys some perspective. Well, wouldn't you know that this was the first one to come up....



My heart is with those who are waiting for their babies to come home...I worry about Jacob every second of every day. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to have to watch this devastation on TV, knowing that your children are there. There have been so many more stories that have touched my core...such unbelievable devastation. God be with them.

1 comments:

Dr.We said...

Very cool video, thanks for sharing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband as you await your joyous day.